Every smart marketer needs a go-to checklist for social media marketing!
Every marketer needs a go-to checklist if you’re focusing on social media marketing, it’s how you maintain all the fundamental social media marketing skills when you’re about to get busier. The folks at The Whole Brain Group created this wonderful info-graphic to give you an idea of specifics to focus on.
It’s super easy to follow, and will highlight the fundamentals of Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Youtube, and SlideShare.
STEP 1: Define Your Audience – Who’s your ideal customer?
It’s time to identify your target demographic. Who are they? Fill out a little info:
- Income Level
- Educational Level
- Type of Industry
- Number of Employees
- Type of Business
STEP 2: Content Creation – Write, Write, Write!
These bullet points are crucial:
- Keep blog posts 300-600 words
- Include a featured image and relevant meta description in your post
- Make sure you optimize your post to include your keywords!
- Include a CTA (Call to action, eg. Start Now, Get Started, Get Your Free Quote Today, etc.)
- Make sure you link your social media for easy sharing!
So how do you make your content shareable? People like words, sure; but do you know what they like more?
People absolutely love sharing images. I know this may sound daunting, but it will change your business, forever.
If you need help on sharing images attached to your content, contact us, we offer professional graphic design services to make your posts stand out among the crowd.
STEP 3: Get Ready to Socialize (Digitally)
Utilize these tips to up your Facebook game:
- Schedule your posts – and how many you want to do per day
- Pay for ads to promote your content, increase awareness and offer discounts
- Community trading – sometimes a like on someone’s comment, and a quick reply can go a long way
- Tag relevant pages if you’re discussing them
These are great tips for Twitter:
- How many are you doing daily? Tweets should include:
- Blog Posts
- Content Offerings
- Retweet influencers
- Follow new people everyday
- Monitor keywords and mentions
- Community Trading (respond to the Tweets)
Linkedin is much different, here’s what you need to know:
- Update your status a few times a week
- Scan industry groups a few times a week
- Learn to update your company profile
- Use linkedin to research prospects
Make sure you use these tips
- Share your content a few times a week
- Promote posts from influencers in your industry
- Circle new people every day
- Offer hangout sessions
- Make sure your posts are public
Pinterest will be useful when you use these tricks:
- Add keywords in your pins
- Add boards clients would be interested in
- Follow new boards each week
- Make sure pins and linked back to your website
When marketing on youtube, keep this in mind:
- Create a video that showcases your expertise
- Ask questions from fans and create videos to address them
- Add fun in your videos
- Use a videographer for events
Slideshare is a great platform. Here’s what you need to know:
- You can use SlideShare for
- Case studies
- Update your account consistently
- Find great posts and convert them to slides
- Don’t forget to credit the source.
You have to stay active to stay on top of Social Media.
I’d recommend bookmarking this post to come back to if you need a refresher. Better yet, if all this feels overwhelming to you, consider letting us take care of all your marketing. We are professionals in digital marketing and can take your business to the next level.